Syria, Libya, and Yemen remain the hotspots and nothing has changed significantly today. There were demonstrations after Friday prayers in Syria and Yemen, and the Syrian government began moving into Jisr al-Shughour as more refugees crossed the border into Turkey. Have a good weekend!
- Wars In Progress
Click here for my list of the world's wars, with brief commentary.
Click here for the support website for International Relations.
Peace Is Increasing
Winning the War on War: The Decline of Armed Conflict Worldwide (2011) -- Worldwide, the 21st century has been quite peaceful by historical standards.
Recent Posts on This Site
- Archive of InternationalRelations.com
- Farewell InternationalRelations.com
- Is the War Fever Breaking?
- Glimmer of Hope for Cease-Fires
- Peace in the Western Hemisphere
- World Backsliding on Peace
- Climate Change is the BIG issue in IR
- The World’s Wars — An Update
- State of the World’s Wars
- Seeking a Job with the UN
- Becoming a Foreign Service Officer
- Philippines Storm and Climate Change
- Guide to Middle East Complexity
- Syria War Reverses Trend in Battle Deaths
- Resources for Learning International Relations
Search This Site